eilidh's spanish soup from stale bread
Tuesday 11th March 2014
I recently enrolled in a spanish cookery course and last week we made Sopa Casellana, a traditional warming soup made from stale bread.
Personally I would recommend using chorizo and don't scrimp on the poached egg...it really makes it!
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 150g stale bread
- 3 eggs1L of good quality chicken stock
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 150g Serrano ham or chorizo cubes
- 1tsp olive oil
- cumin seeds (optional)
- In a big pot toss the garlic and cumin seeds in olive oil. Allow enough time to brown but be careful not to burn them.
- Add the ham or chorizo and fry further.
- Add the cubed bread and sprinkle with paprika.
- Immediately add the stock and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Top with a poached egg and serve immediately.
Have just looked at that post and love the idea of the soup. Will try it the next time I have stale bread at home :)
posted by Kasia on October 28th 2014
Write a Comment
Have your say on the above news article.
go back to the previous page